For the last 5 days I've been on my newly revised goal for weight loss.
After mulling over a blog, Kevin & Amanda, I happened upon a while back I've reinvented my goal and expectations.
Although Amanda has some really great blogs all bundled into one (recipes, scrapbooking, photographing, etc) I've really enjoyed reading what she posts, regardless of the subject content. I really like her recipes though. Yumm-o! She posted a blog about weightloss a while back and I'm putting some of those things into action for myself. You can see her weight-blog here.
Start Date: March 10, 2010
End Date: June 23, 2010
Weight Loss: -30lbs
Goals: 1) Drink water and/or Coffee
2) Exercise 5 days a week, regardless of whether its a walk or a complete workout
3) 1200 Calories a Day
4) One Cheat Meal per Week
5) Take a Multivitamin
I will tell you right now as I type, that I'm about.to.die.of.stomach.devouring.intestines.disorder. I cannot tell you how HARD it is to eat only 1200 calories a day! OH MY GOSH! Well, its not that it is hard, it's just being conscious of it and not allowing yourself to eat anything unnecessary or excessive. I've really been paying a lot of attention to the nutrition labels.
I do have a fantastic cookbook, 200 Under 200, that I will be using more often to assist in reaching my goals. All of the recipes in the cookbook are 200 calories or less. Most are actually less, and they sound so wonderful. A lot of the ingredients are things that wouldn't normally be in your pantry, but HG (Hungry Girl) has a list of items that are her pantry staples. The 1200 calories has made me plan ahead as to what I will be eating so that I stay within my caloric intake. So this weekend when I knew I would be eating a meal that would have more calories, I cut back on other meals.
A few of my favorites so far have been:
Light & Fit Yogurts weighing in at 80 calories
Smart Ones Turkey Medallions weighing in at 200 calories
Smart Ones Chicken & Cheese Quesadilla weighing in at 220 calories for one
Smart Ones Broccoli & Cheddar Roasted Potatoes weighing in at 240 (this is prob one of my faves!)
Subway Turkey Breast Salad weighing in at 110 calories
Kraft Catalina Free Salad Dressing weighing in at 50 calories for 2Tbs.
Coffee-Mate Fat Free Original Creamer weighing in at 10 calries per Tbs.
Splenda weighing in at 0 calories per packet!
Weight Watchers Giant Latte Ice Cream Bar weighing in at 90 calories
So here's to my goals that I hope to reach with in the next 14.5 weeks. I hope to lose at least 2 lbs a week....we'll see how this goes!! I won't be heartbroken if I don't reach it, but I will try my hardest to reach it!
I'm always looking for new things to try and am open to suggestions...so send them my way!
Wow, That's a great post and very true. I can't wait to kick butt with you! By the time you hit goal I will be having a baby. LOL I guess I will be kicking butt alone but still you know what I mean.
ReplyDeleteamber
Oh no Amber you won't be alone. I ultimately would like to lose 60lbs all together....so I'll still actively be working on that...and I'll need to do stuff in order to maintain! So I'll be right there with you kicking rump!
ReplyDelete