Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I'm not off the bandwagon!

I have been so busy the last couple of weeks that I've not had a moment to do anything other than work, shower, and get a little sleep. 

I've been meaning to write about my week so far.  I am actually proud of myself.
I've not been over eating.  I've been watching portion control.  I've worked out!

Monday I walked during lunch and then after the Beth Moore bible study on Esther, I went home and done the 30 Day Shred. 

Yesterday I didn't have time to do anything additional.  I took my lunch at 4pm b/c Matt and I were fixing dinenr for some friends and then watching a movie.  So I had to scurry.  We had pork tenderloin stuffed with wild rice, broccoli, and mashed potatoes.  I also made a cheesecake (Jell-O no bake of course), but I used the "healthy" ingredients such as skim milk, and light margarine.  But when dinner came around, I was absolutely exhausted and burning up!  All i really wanted to do was just sit down.  I fixed my plate, but I didn't finish my meal.  I also had just enough on my plate to make people think I liked my cooking!  haha  Does anyone else ever do that?  You are so tired/exhausted from cooking that you don't want to partake of yoru own bounty? 

I have been eating a lot of fruits and veggies as well.  I've been making healthier eating choices period.  I've had a lot of Shake Healthy shakes as well.

Shich speaking of Shake Healthy...they have one in Franklin now!  YAY!!!  I haven't been to it yet, b/c they keep weird hours.  But I believe it is in the new Choices fitness facility for women in the Kmart shopping center.  If you get a chance, I highly recommend enjoying a Shake from there.

It sort of follows the same "diet" plan as SlimFast.  you know, "Shake for breakfast, shake for lunch, then a sensible dinner."  BUT it tates SOOOOOO much better than the slim fast. There are tons of different flavors that they can make, some of my faves are:  Blueberry Cheesecake, Strawberry Cheesecake, Strawberry Pina Colada, Chocolate Covered Cherries, and Dreamcicle.  All shakes are between 180-220 calories for the entire shake! 

In addition to the shake you also get to choose a tea to drink after the shake, original, lemon, peach or raspberry.  I love the raspberry tea.  The purpose of the tea is that it burns 70 calories and you are to drink it after you've finished your shake.  Essentially, your shake only has 110-150 calories!

I've found that if I drink the shake fast, then I will get hungry before lunch/dinner rolls around.  So I've learned to pace myself and drink it slower, so that it tends to make me feel fuller longer.  It works. 

I plan on doing the Shred this evening.  I have a friend who has been doing it with me.  It always helps to have accountability partners. 

I also am going to take my scales inside so I can weigh first thing in the AM to see what kind of damage I'm working with! 

1 comment:

  1. YAY I am so glad that you are back to blogging. I love reading and living through your and other friends lives as the diet to health. I am about 19 weeks away from starting back myself and can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Bless your bones! Thank you for reading my blog. I know I'm not the most interesting person you'll ever meet, but I do have some things to say. I hope you enjoyed and please feel free to come back and see what's new in my life!

**I will ask that you please do not leave a comment as "Anonymous"...please chose the Name/URL, and type in your name. I like to see who has left me a comment so I can reply to you as well! Thank you.**