Sunday afternoon I asked my friend B if she'd like to go for a walk.
She agreed and after a "healthy" lunch at the local Mexican restaurant
we headed for the greenway.
Our little walk turned into a 4.5 mile walk.
It was great and we had a lot of fun talking and catching up with each other.
By the time we were done, we were checking our feet
to see if they were bleeding they hurt so bad.
My toes were really sore and my right foot felt as if something needed to pop.
Regardless of the pain, it was a great walk and we definitely benefited from it.
I decided that I still needed to walk yesterday evening
to hopefully workout some of the pain I was feeling.
So I called my friend Amber, to see if she would like to join me.
I was happy that she decided to come with me!
We didn't know how long we'd walk but decided that we'd go however long we could.
We too had a good time catching up and talking with each other.
I took Birken and Mimi LaRue for the walk with us.
I believe they hated me by the time we were done,
they were walking behind us the last lap or so. hehe
It was a good 4-mile walk with a good friend.
Amber and I mid walk
My pinkie toe is especially taking a beating from my walks.
My toe pads are really like big balls of fat
so whenever my toes are confined together,
my pinkie toe fat pad is squished
and the ring-toe sorta "steps" on it when I walk.
Therefore, leaving my pinkie toe fat pad with a good sized blister.
It hates me.
I hope it calluses so its not so painful in the future.
Sorry, I know this was way too much information.
Does anyone else suffer from fat toe pads like I do?
How do you deal with it when you walk/run?



I am so glad that we walked. And you posted about it! Lucky me.... I don't have fat toe pads but the pads on the feet were killing me also! LOL
ReplyDeleteAmber
I'm certainly no professional, but I have heard having the right socks can make a big difference. It may be worth the money to buy one pair and see if they help. And my only other thought might be wider shoes.. but that is probably more money than you might want to spend!
ReplyDelete